13.8.12

I know you're tellin' me the way to go, but I just can't hear You over my heart.

I'm sitting at home waiting for Mom to return with my medium iced coffee from DD and looking around my room at the now familiar sight of clothes and boxes covering my floor. #packing #college #round3 It's so crazy how long it's been since high school and how much has happened and changed since I started FC. Also exciting, though, because as much as my mind thinks I hate change, I realize God is doing great things with the changes He is enacting in my life. I can't wait to see what's ahead.

Sang this song for the first time a few weeks ago (Sumphonia hymnal. So good.) and it really gave me perspective. No matter what has changed or what is going on in my life, I'm so grateful for the things I'm learning and for the dissatisfactions I'm experiencing. I just pray that living in this earth with its flaws and chaos always makes me look UP to a better life.

"My God, I thank You, who have made the earth so bright, 
So full of splendor and of joy, beauty and light;
So many glorious things are here, noble and right.


I thank You, too, that You have made joy to abound;
So many gentle thoughts and deeds circling us round,
That in the darkest spot of earth some love is found.

I thank You more that all our joy is touched with pain,
That shadows fall on brightest hours, that thorns remain;
So that earth’s bliss may be our guide, and not our chain.

I thank You, Lord, that You have kept the best in store;
We have enough, yet not too much to long for more:
A yearning for a deeper peace not known before.

I thank You, Lord, that here our souls though amply blessed,
Can never find, although they seek, a perfect rest;
Nor ever shall, until they lean on Jesus’ breast."

--Adelaide Anne Procter

I pray that this year I'll be happy and seize every chance to take advantage of this beautiful world God has given me. But I pray that He'll keep me humbled and focused enough to look up.

-ELB

No comments:

Post a Comment